- Feb 2017
AIOTA Best OT Graduate – Gold Medal secured by Mr.Vishnu Prakash.S
AIOTA Scientific committee and Innovative technology our students secured 2 place
AIOTA Poster presentation our students placed in 3 position
- Nov 2016
National level Geriatric Rehabilitation Conference - our students' secured second place in poster competition.
- Received Best Paper Award by Mrs.Sujata Missal, presented paper on identifying with Learning Disability in "National Conference on Inter disciplinary Disability Rehabilitation.
- Mrs.Sujata Missal, Research paper published in IJOT 2016 - Effectiveness of working memory Training in children with low achievements in reading and reading comprehension
- Mrs.S.Kanipriy, Research paper published in IJOT 2016 - Effectiveness of cognitive remediation therapy and its impact on functional outcome in clients with chronic schizophrenia
- Mr. Sinoy T.Sam, Research paper published in IJOT 2016 - Effectiveness of Driving Training program in a patient with GBS
- Ms.Christina Catherine & Mrs.S.Sugi, Research paper published in IJOT 2016 - Effectiveness of oral and Non-oral sensor motor stimulation to facilitate oral functions in preterm infants
- 2 faculties and 86 BOT students attended the 52nd Annual National Conference of AIOTA (OTICON 2015) held at New Delhi ( April 2015)
- Mrs. Sujata Missal ( Principal) presented a scientific paper in OTICON 2015 held at New Delhi
- Mrs.S.Kanipriya( Faculty) presented a paper in OTICON 2015
- World Autism day was celebrated on April 2nd . In association with this a panel discussion was organized on April 12th to address the myths and mysteries of Autism
- Mrs. Sujata Missal presented a paper on " Occupational performance of chronically ill patients" in OTICON 2014 which was held at Nirtar, Odissa
- Ms. Ushes Achu Thomas (faculty) presented a paper on " Effectiveness of sensory Motor Intervention for ADHD Children within a school setting" in OTICON 2014
- A Screening programme to identify children at risk of Learning Disability was conducted in Dr.NGP School Coimbatore ( feb – mar 2014)
- Mr.Srinivasan ( faculty) presented a lecture on Occupational therapy role in Autism in Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore ( August 2014)
- Principal Mrs.Sujata Missal was invited as a guest speaker on " Occupational therapy role in learning – Reading & Writing skills" in Avanashilingam University (October 2014)
- Mrs.Sujata Missal presented 2 papers for 1st International and IX Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cerebral palsy held in Hyderabad. She also served as a pre conference course coordinator for OT & PT session
- Organized state level conference in "Oncology Rehabilitation-Essential Components of Quality Care" and a post conference workshop in Fabrication of low cost breast prosthesis and Lymphedema management ( November 2014)
- 15th batch of BOT and 8th batch of MOT graduated
- Autism Awareness program was conducted on April 2nd 2013
- Mrs.Sujata Missal presented a paper in OTICON 2013, the international OT Conference by All India Occupational therapists Association and was awarded Gazala Makda award for best paper in pediatrics
- USA job recruitment seminar for OT was conducted at KMCH College of Occupational therapy by RCM health care in October 2013
- Speech on classroom management of sensory processing disorder by Mrs.Sujata Missal
- A speech on management of behavioral problems and hand writing difficulties by Mrs.S.Sugi
- Mr.G.Sudhakar from Doha, a KMCH OT alumni spoke on hand rehabilitation in the month of June 2013
- Organized state level conference on Learning Disability in November 2013
- 14th batch of BOT and 7th batch of MOT graduated
- USA job recruitment seminar for occupational therapists was conducted at KMCH College of Occupational therapy by RCM health care in October 2012
- Two days workshop on "Kinesiotaping" by Miss.Abhiya Gupta, Bangalore, conducted at KMCH college of occupational therapy in October 2012
- Lecture and demonstration on Ergonomics for computer professionals was delivered by Mrs.Sujata Missal ( principal) & Mr. Dharmendra Kumar (faculty) at BOSCH, Coimbatore, in September 2012
- Faculty sponsored by KMCH to attain the workshop on "Kinesiotaping" held at Bangalore in February 2012
- Scientific paper presentation by Mrs.Sujata Missal (principal) in Dhanwantri College of Nursing in October 2012
- OT Fest , Interclass cultural competitions were held in 3rd November 2012
- World Disability day celebration on December 4th 2012
- Organized State level conference on "Autism- A Global Perspective" on 30th November 2012
- 13th batch of BOT and 6th batch of MOT graduated
- KMC School Camp
- Parkinson's Camp on 25th March 2012.
- Educational Tour on 24th March 2012.
- World Autism Awareness Celebrations on 2nd April 2012 at KMCH.
- OT Fervour" – 5th issue of KMCH-OT News letter published.
- 12th batch of BOT and 5th batch of MOT graduated
- CME on Hand Rehabilitation in April 2011
- Campus Interview by Sri Lathangi Matriculation School on 3rd March 2011.
- USA Job recruitment seminar on 13th March 2011 at KMCH.
- Hand Rehab State Level Conference on 2nd April 2011 at KMCH.
- Malayisan University Students Posting on April 2011.
- NDT Workshop on 18th to 20th November 2011 at KMCH.
- O.T Awareness Rally on 19th November 2011 at Coimbatore.
- 11th batch of BOT and 4th batch of MOT graduated
- OT – Fest competitions
- lecture by Ronald A Nair Esq, - Attorney act law on "Occupational Therapy immigration to USA for job – scope & process".
- Fancy dress competition for special children
- 2 days CME on Sensory integration, Hand writing without tears and Cuevas Medek Exercise by Mr. Joshua Theodore, senior OT from Canada.
- 12th batch of BOT and 4th batch of MOT graduated
- "Making Sense of Senses"- A 3 days workshop on Sensory – processing disorders, was attended by Mrs.Sujata Missal, and PG students, Mrs. Sujata Missal was sponsored for the program by KMCH.
- Scope of OT in Canada, tips to seek job in Canada" – Special lecturers by Mr. Joshua Theodore, Occupational Therapist, Canada.
- "Cancer Rehabilitation" - Special lectures by Ms. Sherin Preetha & Ms.Joy Princy –Occupational Therapist from Department of OT, KMCH.
- "Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis" & "Verbal Behavior" – Special lecturers by Ms. Kala & Ms. Priya Maria Sherleena OT from KMCH Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Vocational Rehabilitaion" – Presented by Mr.Praveen kumar, Occupational Therapist from KMCH Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Students participated in organizing "Sports meet for differently challenged" – a 2 days program conducted by SAHAI – Trust, Coimbatore.
- Students participated in Awareness program on Mental illness, organized by Vazhikatti – Mental Health Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Campus Interview: Conducted by FIVE SENSES – Chennai Ms.Sumathi & Ms.Sarah Mary Joseph were selected to work as Occupational Therapist in Five Senses.
- 10th batch of BOT & 3rd batch of MOT graduated
- "Sensory Smart Child"- Presented by Mrs. Sujata Missal at Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore.
- "Sensory Integration for LD" – presented by Ms. Sherin Preetha at LD awareness program for school teachers organized by KMCH College of Occupational Therapy,Coimbatore.
- "Hand writing for teachers" presented by Ms. Sugi Sowmian at LD awareness program for school teachers organized by KMCH College of Occupational Therapy, Coimbatore.
- Our Interns have presented their in various conferences.
- "SI for children with Autism" a 2days workshop conducted by Mrs. Sujata Missal along with Mr. Sanjeevi M Padankatti, Occupational Therapist, at Sparism, Salem.
- Ms. Sherin Preetha, Ms.Joy Princy, the department staffs were sponsored by KMCH for 3 days workshop on "Cancer Rehabilitation", organized at Mumbai.
- Ms. Priya Maria Sherlenna and Ms. Kala were sponsored by Dr.Srinivasan, Consultant Psychiatrist, KMCH for 3 days workshop on "Applied Behavior Analysis – principles and practice", organized at Chennai.
- "Forensic Occupational Therapy" – Special lectures by Mr.Anbu Murasoli, forensic Occupational Therapist – Singapore.
- "Vision Rehabilitation" Special lectures by Ms. Packiamani, Occupational Therapist, New Delhi.
- Group Therapy: Skill development group therapy was organized for children with learning disability for 15 days during the summer vacation. Followed by which now we have task oriented, social skill groups being conducted regularly for children with Autism, ADHD, LD, etc.
- 9th batch of BOT & 2nd batch MOT graduated
- "CME on Head injury rehabilitation"
- "Animal assisted therapy" – presented by Ms.Priya Maria Sherleena, at Head Injury rehabilitation conference organized by KMCH College of Occupational Therapy, Coimbatore.
- Mr. Selva kumar - Faculty of Occupational Therapy College presented a paper at Head Injury rehabilitation conference organized by KMCH College of Occupational Therapy, Coimbatore.
- OT Fervour – 3rd issue of KMCH OT News letter published.
- Guest lecture of Ex-student Ms.Vanessa Vimal jers (USA) on "school Based Occupational Therapy".
- Guest lecture by ex-student Mr. Manikandan on "vocational training for the Mentally Challenged"
- Guest lecturer by Ms.Supriya Raman (RPT-USA) on "International classification of functioning & Health for the disabled".
- "Enhancing learning skills in LD children through Occupational Therapy" Paper Presentations by Mrs. Sujata Missal, at ICFAI National College, Trichy.
- "Performance evaluation of Allied Health Professional students"- Paper Presentations by Mrs.Sugi Sowmian, at ICFAI-National College, Trichy.
- "Sensory integration for children with autism" – presented by Mrs. Sujata Missal at Shivesh Autism Center, Coimbatore.
- 8th batch of BOT & 1st batch MOT graduated.
- Workshop an Ergonomics in Occupational Health – conducted by Mr.Satyan Chari, Occupational Therapist from Australia.
- "OT Fervour" – 2nd issue of KMCH-OT News letter published.
- 7th batch of BOT graduated.
- Occupational therapy consultation & treatment for disabled adult and children, Coimbatore.
- MOT course started with 1st batch of MOT students.
- KMCH COT started its news letter publication "OT fest".
- Symposium on Mental Health Rehabilitation.
- "Short term and long term goals in psychiatry Occupational Therapy" presented by Mrs.Sugi.S at Mental Health Symposium.
- "Community based Rehabilitation in psychiatry – Occupational Therapy role" presented by Mrs.Sugi.S at Mental Health Symposium.
- As part of the decinial cerebration OT Fest started
- Conducted competitions for OT students
- Drawing and coloring competitions for (Physically and mentally challenged children)
- Fancy dress competitions for physically & mentally challenged infants and holders.
- 6th batch of BOT students graduated.
- CME on cognizance of the overlooked-Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation.
- Workshop in collaboration with KOTAA - Alumni association on Orthopedic Splinting.
- 5th batch of BOT students graduate
- Workshop on sensory integration therapy
- Workshop on Biofeed back
- 4th batch of BOT students graduated
- Hosted national level Occupational therapy conference EMCON – 2001
- 3rd batch of BOT graduated
- Screening program for learning disability in schools, Coimbatore.
- 2 days workshop on Neuro Developmental therapy.
- Occupational therapy camp for children with disability, Coimbatore.
- Conducted Pediatric camp, Coimbatore.
- 2nd batch of BOT students graduated
- CME on Orthopedic Rehabilitation an Occupational Therapy perspective.
- 1st batch of BOT students graduated
- CME on Occupational Therapy in Developmentally disabled children
- Workshop on hemophilia
- Conducted Pediatric camp, Coimbatore.
- Conducted Pediatric camp, Erode.
- Conducted Pediatric camp, Coimbatore.
- Department and College of Occupational Therapy started with 1st batch of BOT students.